Saturday, August 21, 2010

Some advices for Web Design on Microsoft Word 2007?

Hi, i have got a homework for college, I must design a web page using Microsoft Word, i have been taught in basic things and i understand it... But i want to improve my web page with sounds, language options (for translating the page from one language to other), animated gifts and things like that but i dont know how to do it... Im looking some advices on how to make my web page better but i can only use Microsoft Word 2007 (school requirement) Its mandatory to use this programm... so can anybody tell me how to do it?


Thx in advance!!!Some advices for Web Design on Microsoft Word 2007?
I would tell you right now that MS word is not a HTML editor. and that if they want you to design a website YOU use the correct tools (which are normal text editors) or WEBsite WYSIWYG editors (like Dreamweaver),





MS WORD BLOATS html code, by putting in stupid coding that Has nothing to do with design





A MS WORD html document can be up to 5 times larger than a normal one created through wysiwyg editors





YOUR teacher is an idiot








I suggest that you fight your teacher on this stupid requirement. A SERIOUS web development teacher would not have suggested to use MS Word as an HTML editor





I suggest that you simply ignore that requirement and use a REAL HTML development program





http://www.net2.com/nvu/ - it works like DreamWeaver





If you want to do it old school, then I suggest Notepad++


http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/s鈥?/a>





Or NoteTab Lite


http://www.notetab.com/ntl.php








Leave WORD to WORD Processing. NOT html editing








ETA: If you want, I can show how terrible Word is for html editing and what a REAL html editor can do





I'll edit this answer to show you links to both

No comments:

Post a Comment