Saturday, August 21, 2010

Designing a C&C cage...a little advice please?

i am designing a C%26amp;C cage soon. I have no pigs yet but will be getting some after the summer!! (yay I'm sooo excited! by the way i'm adopting!) anyways i was thinking to start simple. a 2 grids x 3 grids cage with a 1 grid by 1 grid hayloft...does this sound ok...or should i make it a 1x2 hayloft? I'm not sure how many grids i will have left over soo...probably i will buy 1 box from bed bath and beyond (yes the nearest one near my home carries them) suggestions please...? ThanksDesigning a C%26amp;C cage...a little advice please?
You should build the c%26amp;c cage as big as you can depending on how many guinea pigs you want to keep in it.


I just built my c%26amp;c cage last weekend. I have 4 guinea pigs, so I made a 2-by 5 cage with a 2-by-2 second story.


Just make sure you have a suitable place to keep the cage. I tryed keeping mine in my bedroom but found that it took up too much room and they were pretty smelly so I moved them into the shed.


I bought my grids off trade me (a NZ site-like ebay) for $10 plus shipping=$23.


For the bedding, I use a thick layer of newspaper, a layer of old towels and then a surface layer of fleece. The fleece was quite cheap-I got six 2m-by-2m for $36.


I bought a shmpoo rack for $3 to use as a hay rack and some long multipurpose trays for vege bowls.


I made a kitchen area(2-by-2 grid) and put pine shavings on the floor-apparantly you shouldnt use pine because it can cause respritory problems but I didnt realise when I bought it.


So overall it cost me around $120-I think thats about $60 US so it was much cheaper than buying a small hutch or something.


Im only keeping my guinea pigs in their c%26amp;c cage for the winter and then il move them back out into their huge outdoor hutch for the summer.





I am in the process of making a film of my c%26amp;c cage so you can go and check it out if you want-It should be ready in a couple of days. I will upload it onto youtube; my channel name is ';enil0rac';


To find out more you can go onto the c%26amp;c cage website and if you click on ';photo galleries'; at the top of the page, you can see heaps of photos of other peoples designs and stuff.





Hope Ive helped


Good luckDesigning a C%26amp;C cage...a little advice please?
Each guinea pig is supposed to have 4 sq. feet of space so if you are getting two, this is a bit small, though is you need to it's still ok. A 3x3 cage would not take many more grids, and would give your pets the space they should have. It would only take 12 grids to make the whole bottom story. Then the hayloft should take 2 or 3, the ramp 2... It would work!
THAT SOUNDS GRETA BUT how many pigs are you gonna get?


i would say that is good for 2 or maybe 3 but no more


i have 2 babys and i have a c%26amp;c cage


in withe it is only 1 grid in leangth it is 3 grids


but hopefully i am getting one more gris in withe and another level
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment