Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need advice on how to sell my greeting card designs...?

I made these cards the other week...





http://www.flickr.com/photos/35192090@N0鈥?/a>





so far they've just been collecting dust because I don't know how to go about selling them, or if they even would sell. Can anyone recommend any card companies I could pitch them to.I need advice on how to sell my greeting card designs...?
make some up and take them to the local newsagent, gift shops and the like, see if they'll put them on the shelves - how quickly they sell will tell you how marketable they are. If they're snapped up really quickly, make sure they're replaced quickly and see how that goes - smaller independent people often gain a market share with their ';something different'; - I had a friend who made up cards from nice photos and covered a complete city with her designs - many ways to go about it or as with one of the previous answers, go through a distribution companyI need advice on how to sell my greeting card designs...?
Try going to etsy.com and setting up a shop. You would have to market yourself on other forums and stuff like to get traffic to your shop on etsy, but it would help you get more traffic. I found etsy by someone posting it as an answer on here and I sell graphics and stuff on there now. It is a really great site for artists. Also, check out the ';custom'; link at the top. It is where people request custom items, and they request cards and stuff a lot. You can bid on those and maybe get some clients.
Your library has a reference section, in it they have a book called Artist Markets, which comes out yearly. There is a greeting card market list in the book. It'll tell how much the companies pay, and how to submit your work to them.





You can also self publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment