Saturday, August 21, 2010

I've just opened an E-Shop featuring my graphic designs... any advice or suggestions?

Please go take a look at my new shop: http://www.cafepress.com/thisgirldesigns .





This is my first attempt at trying to make a little extra money since I enjoy graphic design and Paint Shop Pro/Photoshop. EVERYTHING in there was designed by me. I'm very excited about this, as it's been a dream of mine to sell my designs and actually be successfull with it.





I am hoping that once I get the word out about my shop and get a lot more products in there to sell, I might be able to be a stay-at-home mom. (I'm due with our first child- a boy- in late July. =)





Most of my designs/products are targeted for people like myself... mothers and mommies-to-be, but I am getting more items in there to include all sorts of stuff. I even offer lots of custom products, which are my favorite thing to create. :)





ANY advice or suggestions would be helpful... I REALLY want to make this work, so I am very open to what the public wants and what they think of my shop.





Thank you in advance!!!I've just opened an E-Shop featuring my graphic designs... any advice or suggestions?
There is a lot of competition in the industry you have chosen. All of the big retail chains do photo announcement cards now for much cheaper, and you can pick them up, envelopes and all, in an hour.





Same with the big brother/big sister clothing. So many people make them that you really need something unique to give you an edge. The ones on that site are very plain.





It is a good idea, but it needs a lot of fine tuning. Find what makes you stand out above the competition and market that. Advertise all that you can.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment