Friday, July 30, 2010

I'd love to design and build my own RC airplane (maybe 2 meter long)... Can anyone experienced give advice?

Hi





I'll start off by telling your that I am a first year Aerospace Engineering student. I've took a year off now, and would like to try making my own remote control plane purely for leisure.





I want it to have an onboard 180deg camera (I think you'll understand what I mean by this) which would stream live video to the remote which I'd use to control it.





I want it to look like a typical aircraft (wings, propellors etc... maybe like a particular vintage aircraft, but I've not looked into this yet)





I'd also be interested in talking to people who are also serious about wanting to design and build a plane but are still in the very early stages like myself.





Thanks ppl xI'd love to design and build my own RC airplane (maybe 2 meter long)... Can anyone experienced give advice?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php





This forum has pretty much everything you could want about RC models.





Although I remember reading somewhere that flying your rc aircraft outside your line of sight is frowned upon and if you're flying it using your camera it is classed as an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.





I'm not exactly sure about this but I would check up on the laws on that sort of thing before progressing with your plans.





Good luck though.I'd love to design and build my own RC airplane (maybe 2 meter long)... Can anyone experienced give advice?
watch alot of ';you tube'; they have all the new stuff different sizes bugets etc, and commerical links for the products


..


for example


.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9cd3Ohw鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment