Friday, July 30, 2010

Fashion Design advice??

I like designing fashion but there is a problem, I CAN'T DRAW!!! Thats a big problem because I have these great ideas and I can't draw them. I usually just desribe them on paper but I really want to draw my designs. I may want to switch my College class to fashion design. So could someone give me some advice for drawing??? - Thanks!!!Fashion Design advice??
I am not the best artist either and I do want to be a fashion designer too. What I do is make the person in my art very abstract. I mean, you can see that its a jacket and trousers. Then I go in with watercolor and paint, very roughly, the colors I want and wear. Then I let it dry. Then I go in and put the deatil, also very roughly. LIke the pockets and buttons and that sort of thing. then I write what fabrics I want on the top left of the page.





I have a book you might find ideas in: Fashion by Kate Spade. Its very simple and I like the way she illustrates





Also, places like Joanns and Michaels offer classes. Go check those out. Even if you are drawin buildings, then you are controlling the pencil and that is what you might be lacking!





Hope I helped!Fashion Design advice??
buy books on drawing the human figure

Report Abuse



Take an art class. But if you see the designs in your head, your talent will allow you to transfer them straight to fabric and bring them to life. I know so many people who sew without patterns, formal training or pictures period. Look at all the fly clothes Beyonce's mom makes for her, she doesn't use a pattern. She memorized Beyonce's body and just sews away and everything fits perfectly. If you have this type of talent, you have nothing to worry about. With me, it's writing. I would almost get in trouble in school when the teacher made us turn in a roughdraft paper because my thoughts don't have to be together beforehand. Once I get in my writing mode and shut down the world around me, I don't need a roughdraft, my writing is usually good-to-go.
How about before you start to sketch them, why don't you practice with like stencils or something on a piece of paper. Then if you feel they are great then just trace them over another paper but sketch lightly so it dosen't show the pencil mark when you color in your color designs. Hope it helps! Enjoyy!%26lt;3
you can learn to draw, i did in my architectual classes
OH MY GOODNESS!! i have the EXACT same problem. I have these wonderful design ideas but i can only see the perfect picture in my head and can't put it on paper!! dont give up!! do you know someone who can draw well?? ask them for help. or try taking an art class. go to google and type in drawing tips. hope i helped and good luck!! :]]
Try copying outfits to paper and practice...It worked for me...
Practicing ten minutes a day can help you improve greatly. Also learning to really look at what you drawing can help to. Where curves are, where there are straight lines, %26amp;c. You don't have to be a great artist, a lot of fashion designers really exaggerate in the pictures they draw.
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment