Friday, July 30, 2010

Fashion Design Advice??

Since I was 5, I have wanted to be a fashion designer. Now, in my late 20s, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do ';when I grow up,'; and this is what I keep coming back to. I can draw clothes with my eyes shut and I can come up with new ideas and designs without ever really trying. At night, I don't count sheep to go to sleep, I dream up new gowns for different actresses and imagine them wearing them down the red carpet. I'm extremely creative, and I know that if I had the opportunity, I'd be successful. The problem is that I can't sew.





So basically, I'd like some advice from anyone else who taught themselves how to be a clothes maker. I'm so overwhelmed that I don't know where to begin, and I'm hoping someone here can give me the direction and the proverbial ';kick in the ***'; that I need to get on with it.





Thanks so much :)Fashion Design Advice??
well some designers think of their own stuff but have others sew it for them.Fashion Design Advice??
im the same as you. i have always wanted to become a fashion designer. i can draw, and i do think of celebs in the redcarpet wearing my cloths. ( im only 14 but have high hopes) im also very creative and i have the same problem, i cant really sew.. but im pretty sure that there are tons of sewing classes all around. you can try going to a sewing class near you. or you can buy fashion designing books based on how to start sewing. there around book stores, and i bet that starting with a sewing class or reading a book with instructions might give you that push you asked for..lots of luck..=]
First, take up sewing lessons and buy or borrow some books about the basics of making clothes. Then, after you learn the basics, you can start creating your visions! GOOD LUCK!
Take some classes. There are lots of schools that are just for fashion designers. Check out some of the colleges and trade schools in your area and see whats available.
omg you are amazing. and guess what i can sew so maybe i dont know if you would want to but i can give you tips or even teach you how to sew im amazing with the machine but i cant draw for my life. i think of all these good designs but i just cant draw them. i can make them hapen with out paper. so im thinking maybe you can help me draw and i can help you sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment